• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with TOC formatting

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate a standalone TOC and it comes in without formatting. I am using numbered headings. I don't really have another TOC to replace it with (like I saw in other posts).

TOC1.jpgTOC.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Hi,

I really recommend to look this up in the online help F1.

There everything is explained well.

Switch to the reference pages of your TOC and enter the building block for the autonumbering of the paragraph. (I do not have FrameMaker here, therefore I do not remember the building blocks.)

Also enter a tab between the autonumbering building block and the paragraph text building block. And two tabs between the paragraph text building block and the page number building block. (The two tabs are n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really recommend to look this up in the online help F1.

There everything is explained well.

Switch to the reference pages of your TOC and enter the building block for the autonumbering of the paragraph. (I do not have FrameMaker here, therefore I do not remember the building blocks.)

Also enter a tab between the autonumbering building block and the paragraph text building block. And two tabs between the paragraph text building block and the page number building block. (The two tabs are needed, when there are line breaks.)

Then go back to the body page, update the book and then format the various TOC paragraph formats as you wish.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both. I will try tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I generate a standalone TOC and it comes in without formatting.

Yep. That's what it looks like when initially auto-created.

As Winfried points toward, you'll need to review the auto-created …TOC Â¶formats, and also do some work on Reference Page TOC.

Once all this customized, FM won't revert it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a couple of videos which were very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRne1LE7Zu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAIXta-_BOQ

I will probably indent each different number level but this is a start! Thanks again!

toc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines