Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about EDD Developing in Framemaker

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all

I am following the Adobe's "DEVELOPING STRUCTURED APPLICATIONS WITH ADOBE® FRAMEMAKER® " to build up my first EDD.

I think I exactly followed the step-by-step instruction for Create an EDD (from page 27) , however I do not get my EDD perfectly the same as that are shown on the instruction.

1. about the section definition:

My structure is as following:

However, when I apply this EDD to my file, I cannot get the intended nested section numbering, <n>.<n+1>; instead the nested section continues the numbering from its parent section:

2. Though I have added the "section" tag in the EDD, my file will not display it in the "Cross-reference" pod.

My cross-reference pod, which has the section element missing in the "Element Tags" column:

And what the cross-reference pod in the "DEVELOPING STRUCTURED APPLICATIONS WITH ADOBE® FRAMEMAKER® " looks like, on page  46 of that document:

Please, if any body know where I possibly made it wrong?

Thanks very much.

Karol

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karol,

1. The definition of Title you have shown never sets the autonumber to <n>.<n+>. You probably need to do so in the last branch of your rule 3, where you set the font size.

The context specification you have there is Document < Section < Section. This context specifies a Title (the element being processed) that is a child of a Document within a Section that itself is within a Section. I suspect that you need to reverse the order here and test for a Title within two sections within a Document so that you have Section < Section < Document.

By the way, you said you wanted the autonumber to be <n>.<n+1>. FM ignores the text after the +. The 1 doesn't hurt but it is confusing because 1, 2, 312, and xyz after the + all produce the same result. Better to use simply <n>.<n+1>.

2, The cross-reference pod lists elements that have a defined unique ID attribute. The image you've shown from the Structure View indicates that the Section elements are required to have an attribute named ID, but the Structure View does not indicate what type of value is expected. Look at the definition of the Section element in your EDD and make sure that ID is declared to be a unique ID.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lynne

Thanks very much for your help!

I have resolved the problem per your instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome. However, I just noticed a typo in my earlier message. Instead of <n>.<n+1>, use <n><n+>.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines