Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reader feedback in web docs

Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

In my web docs output, I want to include a footer that allows the reader to submit docs improvement feedback.

Can this be accomplished with the following criteria:

• Instead of a simple "mailto:" link (which more commonly fails b/c more people use webmail clients), is it possible to link to a form (perhaps via a FM plugin)?
  • If possible to use a form, is it also feasible to auto-populate the form with the originating page information?

The docs will be published on a server that supports php... but ideally, it isn't in my budget to purchase any special document server/collaboration tool(s) in order to accomplish this goal.

Thank you,

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For web-based Help systems, you're probably better off setting up your own web-based form server (or running off the doc server) to collect feedback and add a simple link to navigate to your form page.

You could probably even set up a Survey Monkey (or equivalent) page to collect the information. See: SurveyMonkey Alternative for Dynamic Online Forms | Wufoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines