• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running FrameMaker Scripts From Visual Studio

Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Visual Studio (VS) to develop and test FrameMaker scripts.  All works fine, but to test a script from inside Visual Studio I have to click F5 (Run > Start Debugging), then select the host application (FrameMaker 2020, ver 16.0) from a dropdown list of about a dozen apps.  Is there a way to configure VS so script simply executes when I press F5.  I'm guessing it has something to do with configurations, but I have no idea what change(s) to make to configure FrameMaker 2020 as the default.  The settings.json currently reads:

{
    "editor.minimap.enabled": false,
    "workbench.colorTheme": "Tomorrow Night Blue",
    "launch": {
        "configurations": [
        {
            "type": "extendscript-debug",
            "request": "launch",
            "name": "Launch Script in ExtendScript Engine"
        }
        ]
    }
}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fightergator,

As You can see from my own experience (https://www.daube.ch/docu/files/FMjsxLib.pdf, page 275) I also have not managed to get a more straight route...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Klaus.   Your tip on running the code using F5 and selecting the FM version was a real help a few weeks back when I first installed VS.  As a result, I was up and working in less than an hour.  Here's a few differences between my installation and what you describe on pages 275-276.  I use a VS desktop icon that I've pinned to the taskbar to launch VS.  It opens almost immediately.  Also, when I hit F5 and select my FM version from the dropdown list, the script executes immediately.  You mentioned a >3 second pause. If a settings.json script runs at startup, it's whatever the default was when I installed VS. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I have to believe that the settings.json is the answer to our problem, but I have no idea what the correct configuration should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines