• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving ditamap as html in FM2019?

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create html5 (or htm) files from ditamaps in FM2019 without Robohelp? Or save ditamap as html file? I Have ditamaps which I should turn into webhelp. I know how to publish them as responsive html5 and view the output. But what happens after that? If I click on File > Save ditamap as... and choose HTML format and change the file tag on the file from .htm to html5 or html the htm file created is only a list of topics and titles a files. 

If I look at the Responsive html5 output view created with "Publish" pod and opened in my browser, and right click, choose >Save page as it creates html with absolute path, not relative, which I would apparently need.

Or is it so, that I have to make the ditamap into a .book file first? If so, how to go on from .book file?

It feels like I cannot be far from the answer since I am able to publish the ditamaps as responsive html5 and view the output and the output looks a lot like what the webhelps should eventually look like. Adobe's manuals seem a bit too vague for my help, I'd really need very basic step-by-step instructions on everything.

Thank you for any help again!

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5 , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FrameMaker's Publish command basically treats structured FrameMaker documen'ts as if they are unstructured. So you may need to convert your ditamap into a FrameMaker book first by using File > Save Ditamap As. You can choose to create a FrameMaker book or a composite FrameMaker document. Once you have the book (or document), you can use Publish to get html output.

In my opinion, this is not an ideal approach. Your documents are already structured so you can use XSLT (a W3C transformation language) to convert your structured content to HTML5. Developing the XSLT stylesheets is not a trivial process but it is much more robust and reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines