Since the first update to FM2019, I've had the text in files turn into garble twice, the first time I closed and reloaded the document - all ok. The second time it stopped scrolling through and FM just closed, no error, no warning.
Has anyone else seen this in the latest version?
There was no crash files created at all. The latest updates are on. If it happens again I'll take a screenshot, not that it will be helpful in the diagnosis.
It happened again today while resizing images. Here's what my structure view looks like when it happens.
Ha, I finally got to see this today. I was just trying to close files with the book window.
No *.dmp files. I'm using v184.108.40.2063 on Windows 10. After the crash, the whole system has started moving very slowly. Have to reboot now.
You know that the latest version is 220.127.116.113?
With earlier versions I encountered this issue maybe two or three times.
Not with 18.104.22.1683. In my experience very stable.
Thanks Winfried. I did the update. Now I just wait and see!
I am having the same problem with Version 22.214.171.1240.
And when you update to 126.96.36.1993?
Do you still have this problem?
The updates fix many bugs and issues. It's always recommended to stay up-to-date!
Unfortunately I don't have control of my software environment. I don't have rights to load the update.
Can you discuss this with your administrators?
The update is free. The administrators can check the file before the installation.
I'm working on that, but it is a fact of life these days. Large corporate entities tend to be very protective of their software environments. A poorly thought out update can leave a software environment vulnerable.
It takes time to jump through the various hoops to get updates approved for implementation.
After a week of trialing update Version 188.8.131.523, I can report that the crashing is significantly improved, but not completely eliminated.
I had one crash in the week. Granted the one crash occurred while opening all the files in a very large book which I imagine pushes the boundaries a bit.
Note: The crash had the same text view corruption as shown in the earlier messages of this thread.
However, the fact is that when you are updating autogenerated files it is the practical approach is to open all the files in the book as this allows the update to proceed much faster as the files are only opened once.