• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Insert Text in between two linked text

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a FrameMaker topic, I cannot insert text between two sections that were already inserted (linked with the source topic). Whenever I try to add a page marker before an inserted topic, the topic gets deleted.

FM issue TI 1.png

FM issue TI 2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I would turn on your Text Symbols to see what's going in there. Are you using Text Insets there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with structured FM, hence the term Page Marker is nebulous for me

Generally for text insets ("linked texts) jou want to have a thin paragraph for each. In the simulation here the T is the Text anchor and u is a nonbreaking space you insert by CTRL+Space.

Tu¶

Tu¶

The nonbreaking space avoids a nasty formatting problem. See https://www.daube.ch/docu/files/compendium.pdf#page=334

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text Insets get tagged with PgfLocked=Yes (which is only apparent when examining the MIF).

If by "page marker", what is meant is:

Insert » Page Break
It  doesn't do what most people assume. It's not adding a new element to the flow, it's trying to set an override to the /Pagination\ in the selected paragraph. This seems to have somewhat unpredictable results on two abutting Text Insets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When referenced info stacks against referenced info, it's virtually impossible to place your cursor between the two "things" so you need to navigate with the arrow keys instead. Click before or after your "stack" and use left/right keys as needed to position between the two pieces of content.

*It's quite common to see this with Running H/F variables in the headers on your master pages

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines