• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update required Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. FrameMaker 2019

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new windows computer and I am trying to load FrameMaker 2019 onto it. I have the subscription, so it's a legal copy. I downloaded the main zip file and it would not install, giving me the following message:

Update required

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.   Learn more

I downloaded the latest update, tried to install it and got the same message.

I've tried installing as administrator, and got the same message.

There is nothing to upgrade.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

This is occuring due to Internet Explorer 10 support deprecation, Kindly refer to following article : https://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/deprecated-internet-explorer-10-with-ims.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi Klaus and Community members,

I understand this experience issue but this is occurring due to Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) and this will occur for the older versions of apps and not new ones.

I also understand detailed instruction which is taking time for all but there is nothing to be suspicious there.
Edit 1: Further here is another very quick solution, Just have to unzip and replace give Setup.exe (attached in link)  and run the installer. 
(This may work for mos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occuring due to Internet Explorer 10 support deprecation, Kindly refer to following article : https://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/deprecated-internet-explorer-10-with-ims.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange: the mentioned page in Helpx requests to test whether Exprorer 11 is installed.

On my system (10.0.19043.1165 = 21H1) there is only Edge (and FireFox, the default) installed.

I have checked the version of AASIapp.exe: it is already what the mentioned page offers as download.

{On my system run FM v8 … 16 with no problems}

So the problem obviously appears only if on a new computer older FM's are installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the issue. I have IE 11 and most current Edge as of today. Frame 2020 HTML is messed up so we had to roll back to 2019 and now we're having trouble getting things installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution offered in the helpx article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following up. On  the day I posted, we had to navigate a number of variables and issues to get to a solution. The solution that worked for us was the replacement installer, which, unfortunately, was not listed as the first solution to try. I don't know why it worked, but it did. 

Which brings me to my reply to the staff response added today: None of our machines has IE 10 installed. NONE. The issue is clearly not IE10, unless the installer was designed/coded with only IE10 in mind and you're still distributing the poorly designed/coded installer with Frame 2019 downloads (and 2020 I think, since we had this same problem for some users when we first switched to 2020). We have (had) IE 11's most recent version installed on the machines, and Edge set as default browser. We have no issue with Creative Cloud and its apps. 

It seems pretty clear that Frame is not a priority for Adobe, since so many bugs remain open more than a year after they were reported. The HTML conversion bugs in 2020 are outrageously bad. Maybe don't give yourself green check marks in the forums for workaround solutions to problems experienced while rolling back a version to solve problems the newest version introduced but couldn't resolve. That's just bad PR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pulkitn 

Hi Pulkit,

The number of complaints about this problem prolifereate! Hence I urge Adobe to provide a small utility fixing this for the user. There are too many people not able to follow the detailed instrurctions given by the link. Downloading somthing with such a weird name (AASIapp.exe) creates to much suspicion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus and Community members,

I understand this experience issue but this is occurring due to Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) and this will occur for the older versions of apps and not new ones.

I also understand detailed instruction which is taking time for all but there is nothing to be suspicious there.
Edit 1: Further here is another very quick solution, Just have to unzip and replace give Setup.exe (attached in link)  and run the installer. 
(This may work for most of people)

Ref: https://assets.adobe.com/public/bacf6db2-66fd-4613-4a59-b7b2b1513f3c

Even after this if you face the issue , Contact Adobe support

-Pulkit Nagpal

-FM/FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pulkitn,

unfortunately I have to report that this solution does not work, at least not on Windows 7/64 pro. The exe file you've linked seems to be for a different OS version.

Anyway, installation of FM2019 in Win 7/64 also fails using the previously described solution. I have copied the AASIapp.exe to the corresponding P7 folder (which did not contain an older version yet, though). On this computer there's a running version of FM2015 already installed, also Internet Explorer 11 with TLS 1.2 enabled.  When starting the FrameMaker 2019 installer, all I get is the same old message regarding the required browser/OS update. However, there is nothing more to be updated.

I've also done the recommended registry edits (solution 2) for both the AASIapp.exe and Set-up.exe. Restarted the computer, still doesn't work.

Anything else to check? I really need to be able install our existing FM2019 licenses… several of them.

Update: by removing the network connection from the computer I've been able to install FM2019 as a demo. Afterwards I had to replace the AASIapp.exe in the P7 folder again, because it was overwritten by an older version. However, even after reconnecting to the internet and restarting the computer, I'm still not able to enter my license information now. FrameMaker still pretends to have no internet connection, although the help menu shows the option to log off with my user name (which is probably there because of the working FM 2015 version). The message says there is no internet connection or the time on the computer is wrong (which it isn't):

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-20 um 11.31.04.png

Update #2: I've misunderstood the instructions above. I understood "…just have to replace give Setup.exe…" that I'll have to rename the ZIP file to Setup.exe. This is wrong. After simply unzipping it, I found the file "Set-up.exe", which I then copied into the FrameMaker setup folder, replacing the existing file. Using this file the initial installation went through, however, I still get the error message shown above when trying to log in for entering the license information.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Replacing the modified Set-up.exe file, along with the following Solution #2, worked for me;

SOLUTION 2

If Solution 1 does not work, then try the steps below:

• Add Set-up.exe in the registry at the below locations: 
  • [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION] 
  • [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
  • Add DWORD 32 bit and add Set-up.exe under name and value as 2af8 on the above mentioned registry locations (as shown below) and run the installer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pulkitn,

there's a new observation I made, while still trying to get that licensing info entered. When I click on the "License software" button in the Trial Window and try to log in, the Adobe Application Manager (PDapp.exe, version 10.0.0.49) is launched in background (visible in the Windows Task Manager). This seems to be the application which tries to perform the login, even when launched from within FrameMaker. Since I still continue to get the error message above (no internet connection) all I can do is exiting/canceling this step, being set back to the time limited demo.

When trying to launch the Adobe Application Manager in Windows 7 separately, I get an error message ("download error (12175)"), too. Obviously also this application has ceased to work or communicate with Adobe. Is it possible that the failure of licensing FM2019 is related to the Application Manager, which is no longer able to connect?

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines