• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to Technical Communication Suite

Community Expert ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it next to impossible to find out pricing from Adobe's web site. I hope that someone here can help me.

• Is it possible to upgrade to the technical communications suite from FrameMaker 11 standalone, perpetual license software? If so, what is the price to upgrade?
  • If it is not possible to upgrade to TCS from FrameMaker 11, how much would it cost to buy a perpetual license for TCS?
  • How much would it cost for a monthly subscription to TCS if I can upgrade to it from FrameMaker 11? And how much for the monthly subscription if I cannot upgrade to it from FrameMaker 11?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

There is a scroll bar along the right of that upgrade menu. Scroll down and you'll find you can select FM11. The price is then displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is possible to upgrade but pricing differs depending to where you are located and whether you opt for the perpetual or subscription licence. If the later, it even depends on other variables (e.g. how long the subscription is and whether you pay for a year in advance). If you go to the Adobe product site you will be able to select the product you are upgrading from and licence type. This will give you a price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Robo. I finally figured out the pricing. I was disappointed to find that it was not possible to get the upgrade price for TCS when upgrading from FrameMaker (not the suite).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to upgrade to the TCS from a FM licence Barbara. It should be one of the options available from the "upgrade from" drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the price to upgrade from Framemaker 11 to TCS5?

These are the choices in the drop down menu at Author, Enrich & Publish XML/DITA content| Technical Communication Suite 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a scroll bar along the right of that upgrade menu. Scroll down and you'll find you can select FM11. The price is then displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Robo! Don't know how I missed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

$1199 is the upgrade price shown here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite.html

Click "Buy," then select Upgrade and "Product I own" FrameMaker 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines