Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a monthly subscription to FrameMaker on a virtual machine

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Would a monthly subscription be allowed to work on a virtual machine? I saw some mentions from users running a stand alone license on a virtual machine but I don't know how well that would carry over to a monthly subscription.

The reason I am interested is that it would be nice to take a seat home without having to take my pc home.

Thanks,

Myko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as the VM has internet access to validate who you are & that your subscription is still active, it should work - even on the subscription plan you still have software to download & install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myko,

many people use a subscription license with FrameMaker running in a VM (including myself on a Mac).

That said: What Jeff already said.

However, I'm wondering if you actually do mean "VM" (Virtual Machine) or if you are talking about remote access to your office PC from remote or a Citrix setup? That would need special config.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan, I am talking about virtual machine as with vmware but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Would a monthly subscription be allowed to work on a virtual machine?

Hi @Engineering Ambrell :

I also run FrameMaker 2020 using a VM on my Macs. I've been using VMware Fusion specifically to run FrameMaker for years. It's been great.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Barb. I guess I will endeavor to get a monthly subscription of FrameMaker on a virtual machine. Thanks again. -Myko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines