• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't provide attachments with a new bug

Advisor ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been frustrated in attempts to file FM bugs at bugbase.adobe.com. I fill out the form, enter the random characters of the CAPTCHA code, there is a delay, and then a message about a CAPTCHA error. It turns out the problem was my attempt (in more than one situation, months apart) to attach test files to the original bug report. There is a field in the form for making attachments. If I specify an attachment, I cannot file the bug. If I leave out the attachments, I can file the bug and then immediately modify the bug by making attachments, one at a time.

I have filed another bug asking that the form be clarified to explain when attachments can be added.

--Lynne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynne,

The bugbase only accepts certain filetypes as attachments and unfortunately ".fm" files are not one of them (they need to be zipped first) and there is a 100Mb size limit.

I'm not certain about the behaviour of the Captcha sequence, as I haven't attached a file with an initial bug report (yet). [I wouldn't be surprised though if this isn't working as expected, or at least reporting the correct error.]

There's a FAQ that might help exlpain some aspects of the bugbase behaviour: https://bugbase.adobe.com/docs/AdobeBugbaseFAQ.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,

My attempt to provide test files with the original bug submission consisted of an attachment of one 20 MB zip file, so neither the file type nor the size limit should have been a problem. Even if they had been, the reference to the Captcha code was irrelevant--if there's a problem with an attachment the error message should refer to the attachment and not to something else! A Captcha code is needed to submit a bug whether or not there are attachments. I had no problem when there were no attachments. Once I had a bug to modify, I added them. Instead of the original 20 MB file, I attached four separate files, one at a time. (I had split the original zip file into 4 smaller zip's in order to send them via email to a colleague and those are the ones I used).

Thanks for the link to the documentation, but I didn't see anything relevant.

By the way, when I was getting Captcha errors, I tried to refresh the code but nothing happened when I clicked the Refresh link. Refreshing the web page in the browser did redisplay the code.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynne,

FYI, another user posted a bug on the Frameusers list today indicating that the Captcha code in Adobe's bugbase wasn't working correctly and wouldn't let him post. Sounds like the bugbase itself is buggy...

I'll report this to the FM engineers, but I suspect that a different team is responsible for the bugbase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lynne,

I tried to create a bug from my end with attachment and things were fine. We will reach out to bugbase team to check if it was an intermittent issue.

Thanks

Kunal Saini

FM Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines