• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete variables from multiple files at once

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected All Open Docs and attempted to edit the variable and then update all system variables. FM only updates a single file - so why have a selection for All Open Docs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Urthie:

I'm confused: your title says "delete variables" but the post asks about "editing variables".

If you are trying to edit the variable definitions in a number of documents, edit the variables in one file, and then use File > Import Formats to import the updated definitions from the edited file into the other files.

VMware Fusionss_007.png

As for deleting formatting from multiple files—whether variables or para formats, char formats, master pages, etc.— this is not a strength for FrameMaker. Use File > Import > Formats to add formatting, but you'll need to look into a 3rd party app to remove formatting from multiple files at one time. I've used Finalizer by Squids (Basic package for FM ) in the past and while expensive, it greatly automated the clean up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines