• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distiller gets stuck printing from book file

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble printing to the PDF printer from a book file. It happens when I try to "print book" or "print selected files" or when I print a single file that's opened from the book file. My only workaround has been to open each file from outside the book, print them individually, and then combine them in Acrobat. That said, it seems to be a nebulous, intermittent problem. At one point, I deleted the first anchored frame and it worked, but then later it didn't. I also created a new book file, put some of the files into it, and it worked once but then stopped working.

The error messages in the distiller log files are pretty useless to me, except that it sort of tells me at what point in the document it got stuck. Sometimes it seems to be complaining about a cellbody command, but there's not a table anywhere near where it gets stuck. one time, it was something about a list paragraph tag; I renamed the tag to something else, and it worked once but then stopped working. Other times it's a more generic error. (Is there a source somewhere for deciphering these error messages?)

I'm using FM 2015 and Acrobat Pro DC 2019 on Windows 7.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to be getting (hidden in the background) a Confirm Security prompt?

I was, but didn't realize it, while generating PDFs from FM today.

If that's what is happening to you, see: Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook  for related thread from the Acrobat forum, which also links to a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you install all updates for FrameMaker and Acrobat?

Acrobat had an issue to create PDF some weeks ago. Meanwhile this is fixed with an update.

Maybe this is your problem.

How do your print to PostScript?

With Generate Acrobat Data activated?

What happens, when you change this option?

What happens, when you use Save As PDF?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a list of best practices at https://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

If you're still having problems after that, I recommend downloading Fm 2019, installing Update 3, and try the new, better, faster, shinier (well, maybe not shinier) 64-bit PDF generation via the Publish pod.

Fm 2015 is, well, 4 years old, so you may find an update is worth the investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines