• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DITA page layout

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the sense that DITA will not worked with mixed page layouts.

Is that a fair assessment?

In many of the manuals my company produces the chapters contain a mishmash of page layout styles. Most pages have a two column layout but sometimes a spec table or image requires a one column layout.

My understanding is that it's an either/or. Whatever the page layout is in the template file you import into DITA template -- that's what you get, all of the concept, task and reference files automatically get converted into that format.

Wasn't sure if I was misunderstanding.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you apply one template to the whole lot, but that template can include multiple table styles. (You can have a different template for appendices - this could be another option to look at.)

My situation isn't quite the same, but I think you could achieve your desired result by applying a table/object style that spans two columns. I think you could get the style to apply based on a parameter set in the table element / image element. You may have to dig into the EDD to get the style to automatically apply.

I have different table styles applying based on how indented I want a table to be and control this based on whether I have the table in a step vs substep. Sometimes it screws up and then I manually reapply the correct style just before publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I'll have to dig into it deeper than.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines