• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

empty content not valid for content model '(entry)+'

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i set up a table (3 col *2 row), and in table cell (3rd col*2nd row), insert a ordered list (4 items), while in other table cells, one line text as usual.

Now, i get a error message: empty content not valid for content mode '(entry)+'.

so, what the problem is, and how can i fix it?

thanks a lots!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Lid,

The error message means that you have an element in your document with no content but is required to contain one or more entry elements. You are working with a table, and entry is a common element tag for table cells. Without knowing more about the template you are using, I can't be sure, but my first guess is that the erroneous element is a row that is supposed to contain at least one cell but does not. This situation can occur when all cells in a row are straddled from rows above or if t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you are using Structured FrameMaker, but you posted your content in the Unstructured FrameMaker forum. I'll move it to the correct forum for you.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lid,

The error message means that you have an element in your document with no content but is required to contain one or more entry elements. You are working with a table, and entry is a common element tag for table cells. Without knowing more about the template you are using, I can't be sure, but my first guess is that the erroneous element is a row that is supposed to contain at least one cell but does not. This situation can occur when all cells in a row are straddled from rows above or if the table was created by using a conversion table when there are hidden conditional rows.

To investigate, open the Structure View. Then use the Structure > Validate command in FM 2017 or Element > Validate in earlier versions to validate the document. The Structure View will show you the element with the problem; you may need to expand one or more elements to locate the error precisely. If you do indeed see an empty row, use the Table > Unstraddle command in at least one cell in the preceding row. That will make an entry appear in the empty row and you will be able to delete the row.

If entry is not the element tag for your table cells, validating the document will still locate the problem.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!

You named the problem.

At first, i turned to the structured view, and found some empty rows, i know the validation is failed. But i cannot locate them in the document view and cannot delete them. That is because, i did not realize i straddled them.

As you said, unstraddle, and delete empty rows. It becomes valid.

Thanks again, Lynne

--Lily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines