• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 11: Import Font from New Template to Existing Doc?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have updated our FM11 templates to include a new font. Is there a way to import the new font from the template to an existing doc to change the paragraph tags to the new font? Using Import > Formats > Paragraph Formats from the template to a chapter file in the existing doc does not seem to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

FM stores only the font references in the catalogs. Have you checked the catalogs to see what the tags use for the font defintiions after import? If these did not change, then your import is failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you've already checked the two "while updating, remove …" options at the bottom of the Import formats dialogue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I did; unfortunately the fonts are not updated. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM stores only the font references in the catalogs. Have you checked the catalogs to see what the tags use for the font defintiions after import? If these did not change, then your import is failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is what the problem was in the template that I was trying to import from. I checked that, made updates, and could import Paragraph Formats to my chapter file, making the para tags in the chapter file all update to the new font. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines