• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 released today

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of FrameMaker along with the TechComm Suite (v. 2017) was released today. More information is available here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2017/01/2017-release-of-framemaker.html

Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2017 release) is here! – TechComm Central by Adobe

A review of the FM2017 is available on Matt Sullivan's site at:

http://www.techcommtools.com/review-framemaker-2017-release/

You can download a trial version from:

Adobe FrameMaker (2017 release)-Free Trial

One of the main things that you will notice are enhancements/changes to the user interface. Once you get used to it, it certainly improves the user experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here: We will look into this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the previously downloaded installer is still sitting in your Downloads folder, or wherever you save your downloads. It's got me out of this situation in the past...

Always worthwhile saving installers. I've still got all of mine going back to FrameMaker+SGML 5.0!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is their Pantone license from 1986 even still valid? I bet they've forgotten they're even there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating the Pantone libraries to match the CC ones more or less keeps being requested in every pre-release program, but it just gets ignored. I guess either the licensing costs and/or lack of perceived importance are factors here.

You could submit a[nother] feature request at Tracker [ https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home ] and then get co-workers and other Framers to vote on it to provide some hints to the Engineering team that this a very desired feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through this post and noted a couple of things down that I will discuss internally.

Regarding the Pantone Libraries: I have not seen any requirement regarding this in the 2017 prerelease (and as far as I remember also not in  the 2015 prerelease, for earlier I don't know).

If there would have been one, I'm sure it would have been discussed. However, as far as I can see it, no one asked in the last years about the Pantone libraries. To be honest, it was not even on my radar, and I do try to keep all corners and incoming requirements for the Fm on my radar 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan,

This was discussed extensively with Kapil, when getting the patches for the CMYK PDF route working [somewhat] correctly in FM10 and later when evaluating the direct PDF output route. I guess not much documentation of this was retained?

Having to ask for the same things over again every new release gets tiresome [and often things are forgotten]. It would be nice/beneficial to curate the feature requests from prior releases & pre-release programs and have users vote on these features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. This was way long before I started at Adobe. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will discuss updating the Pantone libraries with the team asap.

Meanwhile a lot of things have changed and improved. Reported bugs / feature requests are tracked actively today and go directly in our system where everyone in the team has access to. So such flaws should not happen anymore in the future (which, of course does not mean, that every feature / change request will make it into the product as it might collidate with other requests or concepts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

So does this mean that historical feature requests should now be re-entered into the Tracker system in order to be (re-)considered? I've got lists of feature request titles [but no details] on feature requests going back a number of pre-release cycles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check on how and if old entries got migrated into the new system. It would be great if we can have a converstion over e-mail about open issues and go through them together in a call together with product management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Stefan, I'll email you on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install TCS2017 today but the 'Akaimai Download Manager' just hangs on "Waiting..." with zero progress on the progress bar.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/technicalcommunicationsuite/download-trial/get-started.html  says "If you experience issues, try restarting the download." which singularly fails to help.

Great 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi feline_1973,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with "Akamai Download Manager" while downloading TCS 2017 release. I just sent you a private message with the direct links to download TCS 2017 release. Please let me know in case you face any issues.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

yeah I tried all the Troubleshooting tips on the Adobe support pages for Akamai Download Manager, but nothing worked, so I just used the direct download links instead.

It installation appears to have worked, but the installer kept complaining that my PC had another install pending/in progress/or needed to reboot.... this persisted even after two reboots. In the end I decided the message was just bogus and told the installer to proceed anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi feline_1973,

In that case you can just click "Ignore" to begin the installation. Sometimes there are few processes in the background that keep the Application manager busy hence prompt to reboot the machine.

I hope you are able to install TCS 2017 release successfully.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines