Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker: Scaling of images does not apply

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

some of my images need manual scaling because they are too small. I do that in Object Properties > Scaling (%). Then I click Apply and Save. In the open FrameMaker sheet, the scaling seems to apply, the image gets bigger, but when I build the PDF, the image is small again.I thought that maybe I have to import them in the right scale and tried this, but even then, FM automatically rescales (only some of!) them supertiny.

Does anybody know how I can solve this issue? Any suggestions are welcome! 🙂 Thanks a lot for your help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which FrameMaker version do you have?

Does FrameMaker have the latest update (Help | Updates)? Can you post the version number (Help | About)?

What's the file format of your images? How did you create your file? Do you have your issue with all files which you scale? Or only with a few?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried, thanks for trying to help me out of this! 🙂 

So, I have the 2019 release, version 15.0.6.956. As far as I know, I have all the updates installed. 

The image file format is .png. I create my images with IrfanView. The thing is, I do not have this issue with all images, only with certain ones. I also tried and imported them again, thinking that maybe I have to scale them differently/correctly right away in the "Imported graphics scaling" dialog where I can specify the dpi, but no chance.

And I have this issue since I upgraded to version 2019. Until now, I was the only one in my team with this new version - and this issue - but our Publishing server was updated as well and now it seems we are having this issues with several images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do you create your PDFs? With Distiller or with the FrameMaker PDF engine? Is the option Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF Generation in the Publish pod activated or not?

What does the Publishing Server do? (I do not have any experience with the FrameMaker Publishing Server.)

Are your images in anchored frames in regular text? Or in one cell tables?

Is there any difference, if you move your anchored frames out of tables into regular text (if you use tables)?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried, 

sorry for not getting back to you yesterday. 

The PDFs are created with Distiller. How can I check that Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF Generation is activated in the Publishing pod?

I have no idea about the Publishing server. This is managed by someone else... 

My images are in anchored frames, but they are not in cells. And we give them placement = break (we have two options: break or inline).

Does that help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additional info: it really must be related to the upgrade to 2019. My collegue made the PDF yesterday with 2017, and the images are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, our publishing server was upgraded to 2017. Apparently, this issue is a well-known bug in 2017/2019 versions and a limited acceptation of Adobe... so maybe this is a larger issue... anyway, any suggestions are still welcome, even if it is only a workaround 🙂 and all the same, thank you very much for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline5C81,

can you please get into contact with us at techcomm@adobe.com? We would like to have a closer look at that with you.

Kind regards,

Stefan Gentz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Stefan, 

thanks very much. Sure, I will get into contact with you!

Kind regards, Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines