• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Header headache -- Your help is appreciated.

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm stumped by the following situation:

The header of my documents contain the variable: Running H/F 1 which uses <$paratext[01 - Chap Title]> to insert the chapter name.

My issue: The first letter of the chapter title is in a different font than the rest of the title as in the image below:

Title.jpg

The header shows as follows:

header.jpg

As you can see from the second image, the "B" of "Broken" shows in a different font than the rest of the text, namely it is still set in the character tag that I used to display it differently in the title.

I would like this "B" to be displayed in the standard header font. I tried to insert the variable <Header> in front of <$paratext[01 - Chap Title]>, but Frame Maker ignored it.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the running h/f markers instead of the paratext variables. You'll need to change the building block used on the Master page headers/footers and manually add the markers, but you have more control and can abbreviate longer titles to fit the header (or footer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see,

Thanks Arnis,

So, just to be sure, there is no build-in variable that will give the text of a title while stripping the formatting? This is why you're suggesting to rely on markers? To your point, this will ease the management of the table of content since titles could be longer than what the TOC can comfortably hold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Arnis hasn't mentioned it, it probably isn't relevant … but you could play around and see whether adding the <Default ¶ Font> building block does anything useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resorted to markers after all. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines