• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reinstall Acrobat with Custom settings without having to reinstall Framemaker and Robohelp

Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do a Custom install on the Acrobat Pro Extended 9 version of my Tech suite.

I need to do this because I want to install Asian language support files: "In Acrobat in Windows, you must install the Asian language support files by using the custom installation and selecting the Asian Language Support options under Create Adobe PDF and View Adobe PDF."

Problem:

When I run set.exe of my Tech suite, I can uninstall Acrobat, but I cannot reinstall it using Custom settings. How do I reinstall Acrobat with Custom settings without having to reinstall Framemaker and Robohelp in the whole tech suite?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you re-run it, it says "Uninstall," but if you actually do it, it offers the Install screen; then you can pick the options you want - a couple of the RH upgrades in 8 acted this way with misleading/incomplete messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunatley, no such options. see screen capture.

perhaps you could give me exact instructions?

tech suite screen-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what happens when you select Acrobat (like you have in the screenshot) and tell it to go ahead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next screen lists the language, location. No option to change it.

Only option is to click Modify. But as soon as you click Modify, the install process begins. See the two screenshots.

tech suite screen-2.png

tech suite screen-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, time to give Adobe Support a call - it should be a freebie (install issues usually are)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines