• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Task/Subtask.

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that was initially on version 7 and am now working in 2017.  I need to modify all of the TASK and Subtasks in the document from exp. "TASK 20-07-00-99F-873-A" to "TASK V20-07-00-99F-873-A" and also modify xref tags the same way.  In Version 7 it would allow me to just modify the TASK text but now I am not able to highlight or modify the TASK.

For the xref it allows me to highlight but I cannot make any changes. Below is an example of what I am working on:

If I attempt to select the TASK it highlights the whole TASK document:

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these "TASK....etc" things xrefs or hyperlinks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not if they are xrefs or hyperlinks, I am new to FrameMaker and just started working on this document.  How would I determine which type they are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed the second image in your original post - selecting one of the links selects the whole topic? That sounds like the text is a text inset - you would need to find the original source file of the inset & edit the links in there I suspect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a snippet of the structure view below. When you refer to the inset would that be the "id" portion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on - that looks like Structured FM - I'll move you over to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

A text inset is a separate file in any format that FrameMaker can read (FrameMaker, XML, Word, etc.), or an individual flow in a FrameMaker file, whose content is copied into another FrameMaker document. The Structure View does not indicate which elements in the main document are text insets. To confirm that particular content is a text inset, double-click on the content or use the  Edit > Text Inset Properties command to bring up the Text Inset Properties dialog box. Among other information, this dialog box will display the name of the inset file.

You cannot select individual elements or text from a text inset.

To create a new text inset, use the File > Import > File command and select the file you want to copy into the main document. If you import by reference, FrameMaker creates a text inset. The advantage of text insets is that you can reuse the same file multiple times as a text inset, in one or many files. When you make a change to the inset file, the change percolates to all the references to that file. If the text inset is updated automatically, FrameMaker checks for updates whenever you open the main file. If the text inset is updated manually, FrameMaker does not check for updates until you use the Edit > Update References command.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines