• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop row borders from overlapping table borders

Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling the answer to this is "you can't", but I'll ask anyway because some of my users don't like this. Neither do I, actually, and I can't figure out why it would happen like this.

We have tables with a black border around the outside and a thin grey border separating the rows and columns. The grey row border line intersects and overlays the black table border, so it looks like a series of dashed lines (if you zoom in enough). Oddly, the column borders do not do the same thing: the table border at the top and bottom are uninterrupted. See graphics.

framemaker_row_separator_overlays_table_border.png framemaker_column_separator_does_not_overlay_table_border.png

So why is this, and is there any way to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lin,

My results match yours. The workaround I came up was to:

1. Remove the left and right ruling on the table
  2. Add a narrow column on the left and right sides of the table.
  3. In the new columns, set all 4 cell margins to 0.
  4. Set the column width of the new columns to the desired side ruling width.

5. Set custom shading in the new columns to black.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least it's not just me. My systems tend to get massively customized, which can lead to some odd results sometimes.

I dunno about you, but I don't think FrameMaker should be doing this. Table Borders should always lie on top of row or column borders.

My user is also complaining that the table border lines aren't meeting smoothly in the PDF. I think that's a display issue, though. They're fine for me in both Frame and PDF, although at certain zooms they do look a bit off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Added a bug. FRMAKER-6923

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines