Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing PDF to FrameMaker 2019 Structured

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

We have strange problem when importing PDF to structured FM files. This applies to FM2019. In FM12 it works normally.

Attached is gen0-2_2019.fm file (I cannot attach it here. it says vnd.framemaker extension doesn't match or whatever...). Link is here: GEN 0.2 FM document

When we import PDF after table it will not show imported PDF. See this:

pic1.png

When I insert Chart element (which is pgf container). The imported PDF looks normally. See this:

pic2.png

For some documents even creating Chart element doesn't help and PDF is displayed like this small square. If I delete the table in gen0-2 document I can insert PDF without Chart element. It is not important what PDF contains. It happens with every PDF.

What is funny that when I save FM document with PDF to MIF the link is there looking PDF was succesfully imported.

What can this be for a problem?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly confirm the FM vesion you have installed (Help -> version )  FM2019.0.X? 

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.The FrameMaker version in FM2019 15.0.4.751

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again. The FrameMaker version in FM2019 15.0.4.751

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

I just tried the same by inserting a changebar or any logical element and inserting an anchored frame and then importing PDF inside anchored frame. it seems to be coming correctly. If possible can you share a short video of the steps you are following.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I tried with your files,
I suggest you to try first by inserting an Anchored frame (ChangeBar) and then importing Pdf into it.

You can utilize FitToFrame functionality if you want to fit this pdf inside your anchored frame.

This worked for me.

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines