• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing anchored frame borders when publishing Framemaker 2017 to HTML5

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing a short Framemaker 2017 book to HTML5. All graphics in the book are imported into anchored frames. The anchored frames (and not the imported graphic) have a border applied. In the HTML5 output, only the anchored frames that contained .tif graphics still have a border. The anchored frames that contained other graphic formats (.gif, .jpg, .png) lose their border. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting!

The only thing I see is that a TIF is not a web format and thus must be processed into JPG/GIF/PNG prior to display.

However, it would make no sense to convert the others to TIF just to retain the border...

Look at the HTML produced...can you modify the CSS to display a border around the images?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any specifcation for borders in the CSS files ('HTMLStyling.css' or in the .css created for the chapter file). Even if I add an inline style to the html file, no border appears.

The default Image Settings in the Style Mapping tab (Publish pod > Change Settings > Edit  (sts file) > Style Mapping tab) are: Border: All, Style: None. 

When I change that to Style:Solid; Color:Black; Width:1, a border is applied to all graphics. But, in the case of the .tifs, the border is twice as thick -- i.e., it appears the border is applied twice. It seems that when the .tifs are converted to .jpgs, the anchored frame (and border) containing the .tif becomes part of the graphic. But, for .jpgs and .pngs, which I guess don't require conversion, the anchored frame (and border) is discarded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you're on the right path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines