Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Usage Problem???

Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created Master Pages as shown in the image below; normal Master Page usage is Right/Left.

But for current Document, all master pages should be Wide Right & Wide Left.

Is there a way to setup Master Pages, so it starts at Wide Right and then goes to Wide Left and then repeats this process?

Or do I have to manually, set each right page to Wide Right and each left page to Wide Left?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Hi FieryPantone,

Thanks for your response. Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages actually resets all the pages to the Default Left/Right Page.

So what I did was to  Format > Page Layout > Master Page Usage, then applied Custom Wide Left to all the currently used Left Pages.

Then went back to  Format > Page Layout > Master Page Usage, then applied Custom Wide Right to all the currently used Right Pages.

It did work out. I repeated this process as necessary.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not something I've used at all often, but Format > Page layout > Apply master pages lets you use paragraph styles to apply master pages …

On the other hand, if you're confident you're not likely to overwrite the custom definitions by mistake you could simply redefine the standard Left and Right for this document :-} you could even leave your special Wide definitions in the document by way of back-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FieryPantone,

Thanks for your response. Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages actually resets all the pages to the Default Left/Right Page.

So what I did was to  Format > Page Layout > Master Page Usage, then applied Custom Wide Left to all the currently used Left Pages.

Then went back to  Format > Page Layout > Master Page Usage, then applied Custom Wide Right to all the currently used Right Pages.

It did work out. I repeated this process as necessary.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A simpler way would be to create a template where the Right/Left pages were laid out like your WideRight and WideLeft pages and then import those Master pages to your document to change the appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines