Problems when filtering conditional content with DITA

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I try to build conditional content for example for different target audiences. I have used DITAVAL and I'm able to exclude content when saving the book with fm components (which is good). But when I try to take this further and use another options like background color to highlight the conditioned parts (would be nice for review) but this doesn't work.

See the example of one of my test ditaval files. I have tried to use different selections (for example flag) but nothing happens. Is there an error or is this function just not working?

I have tried also the filter by attribute but not any success there. I have understood that it works only on topic level, is that true? Don't like that option as there you must change the settings on topic level after review (always a place for user errors).

ditaval.JPG

I have 2019 version.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PMYM

the issue of color / backcolor does not work with Bookwithcomponents or it does not work with dita topics. sorry could not understand from the post here.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
PMYM AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your reply! The problem is when saving ditamap as book with fm components. Excluding works with all included topics as expected but if I add color/backcolor functionality to ditaval, I cannot see any difference.

Br,

Pekka

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amitoj LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PMYM

in case that is not working since once you save ditamap as Book with components you could use conditional tags/conditional content with FM itself. I would have to check if when saving as Book with components, we do carry forward the color related info from ditaval. Can you drop me an email at amisingh@adobe.com with details on any other issue you are facing with this as well so i could have this investigated and then revert back on an email to you.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines