• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A few questions about fonts licenses

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I was researching about free fonts licenses. And I was curious about some questions to which I couldn't find an answer.

Here are the questions:

Usually, when a free font license says that the font is free for commercial use, does that also include using this specific font in a client's project?

How can you make sure that you as a designer won't have legal problems when using a certain font?

Let's say you have downloaded a free font and in the license, it says that you can use this font for commercial use. My question is for how many clients can you make designs that have used this font?

I'm really confused about font licenses and I will be really thankful if someone can shed some light on this matter.

Thank you for taking from your time to read this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe commercial use means you can use it on all of your clients projects. It would be a good idea to read the entire license and direct specific questions to the font foundry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radoslav,

I agree with John in the belief that the the font is free for unlimited commercial use, which must be the case in the absence of any statement of reservations or limits.

And that you should read, and maybe link to, the entire license, if there is any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Redoslava,

We are volunteer users, and you may want to check with your lawyer for legal advice.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines