• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the font family Poppins for the Adobe fonts tab in the creative cloud app. 

However, when I go into Illustrator, it only shows up 15 of the 18 variations of the font. The other three (regular, bold & black) are in a separate folder in the font list but are not accessible (see images).

I've gone back into Adobe fonts and it says that the whole font family is downloaded. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, signed out of creative cloud, and signed back in. The problem is still there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a very annoying problem.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

I ended up getting in touch with an Adobe agent who I shared my screen with and they said that the preferences and settings had been corrupted in Illustrator, so they deleted all my preferences and cache, uninstalled Illustrator again and reinstalled it. This seems to of fixed the problem for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only happening in Illustrator or does this look the same in other apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it only seems to be happening in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they have some additional ideas in the Fonts community: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/ct-p/ct-fonts?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&lang=...

But maybe you want Customer Care to log into your system and check this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever used Poppins from another source previously? (e.g. Google fonts?)

Make sure you no longer have any of these still loaded. Even if not now, but did before, this could potentially cause issues with your System's font caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I've not downloaded it before, this is the first time I've downloaded the font, from adobe fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. If you restart Illustrator (or the System as a whole (it looks like you are Mac?) does it change things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I've tried that as well and nothing seems to work. I've doubled checked the other creative suite apps as well again just to make sure and it's always just in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party font management software running and/or other graphics applications not made by Adobe running in the background? I'm asking because I've seen missing font issues in Adobe Illustrator caused by such things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothing like that at all. It's all just from Adobe fonts and the creative suite apps, with nothing in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty odd. I've actually run into the opposite situation with fonts from Google's site. I'd download a type family from Google Fonts, install it and see at least a couple styles missing in one or more of the graphics applications I use. I'd uninstall that version, then sync the one hosted by Adobe Fonts and that version would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up getting in touch with an Adobe agent who I shared my screen with and they said that the preferences and settings had been corrupted in Illustrator, so they deleted all my preferences and cache, uninstalled Illustrator again and reinstalled it. This seems to of fixed the problem for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines