Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2015 - Units-Bug

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I updated the Adobe Illustrator program to the latest version in 2015, and after printing to Postscript me mysteriously changed decimals units shown.
The document has not been good. But now I have a bad drive everywhere.
E.g. I see the new document: A4 Paper is 210 00 mm x 297 00 mm and  Bleed is 0 000 mm.

I use the Czech version of Windows PC 8.1 64bit.

Chyba rozměru při tisku do Postcriptu.JPGNastavení souboru-jednotky.JPGPreferens.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Hi,

We have released a WINDOWS ONLY hot fix today that fixes the issue of corrupt preferences. Please go to Creative Cloud application and download the patch CC 20151.1 (19.1.1)

If you do not see the patch in the Creative Cloud application wait for the refresh cycle to be over or you can sign out and sign in to force refresh the list of available patches.

Regards,

Ashutosh

On behalf of Illustrator Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I waited with the assessment. Make a few prints to PostScript. I also thought that I have peace of mind after I discovered this error Preferences file corrupt - Illustrator CC 2015 a preference I have deleted. However, after a few prints to PostScript, the problem returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . and now the problem is back again. What on earth is going on?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so, even though I was hoping that maybe ...

According to me until it repaired by Adobe, we are out of luck. This bug I reported on  website here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

so I hope that will soon be corrected. On the other hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one who still uses print to PostScript. It has since CS6-64bit versions have problems with a Postscript. Here: Illustrator CC and CS6 64-bit does not remember the path to the file when printing to Postscript

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

We have been able to reproduce the issue in house. As a workaround to fix the issue. Can you please do following things.

1. Open Region settings.

Capture.PNG

2. Select Administrative and Change system locale.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

3. Chose English United States.

4. Restart your machine if asked to.

5. Launch AI.

Your issue should get fixed.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but unfortunately it did not help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

Did you re-start your machine after changing this setting?

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

yes the re-start I did. Then I did the test and the problem persisted. Then I again turned back Setting to Czech. However, I'm going to try again and let you know if that helps. For sure after changing an English, completely delete a folder Prefference.

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aleš,

I believe you may be able to get through if you set your Regionial and Language Options as otherwise desired, then click the Additional settings button (under Format, see first screenshot by Sanjay) and customize the numbers format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

Oh yeah, unfortunately, the error is still more you will see in the video here: Adobe CC 2015 units bug - YouTube

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

Can you please share your preferences "Adobe Illustrator Cloud Prefs" and "Adobe Illustrator Prefs" with us ShareWithAi@adobe.com.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

you received, preferences for Adobe Illustrator CC 2015?

I sent it to your e-mail.

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

I have not received it yet. Can you please store the file at Creative Cloud files and share the link here itself. It looks like the email might be getting filtered out.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

I send e-mail from e-mail aulrych@vlajky.cz 28.7.2015 14:35 CET +1

Preferences is here: Dropbox - cs_CZ.rar

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

I looked at your preference, It is still having comma as separator in this file.

e.g.

/artboard {

/height 841,89

/width 595,28

}

Can you please delete your preferences, Make sure the System locale is English (US) on machine restart and Re-launch Ai.

Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

to me it works. English Region I've had, but I forgot to switch the decimal separator from comma to point. Now it seems that now it is fine.

Thanks

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others with this problem,

Besides the already mentioned need to also change "," to "."

AlesRegion-1.JPGRegion-2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started everything up a few minutes ago, and without changing the system lokale as you suggest, everything in Illustrator is now working fine. Let’s hope it lasts. Illustrator automatically updated itself when I started up, perhaps this update fixed the problem?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might happen again if the system locale is set to a locale which has , or space set as decimal separator and if you open the file Save dialog from the Print to PS workflow or Save to library workflow. I would suggest to keep the locale as english till the issue is resolved.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

OK, but all is still well. All I did was upgrade from CC2014 to CC2015. Then at some point I got the bug and an error message that my preferences file was corrupt, and would be repaired. Since then I’ve had the bug and the error message about my preferences file on and off. It’s a bit of a nuisance that I keep losing my saved preferences!

Are you sure changing the system locale resets the decimal separator? I thought this was just a language feature. I’ve always changed the decimal separator in the format tab under additional settings.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

There is a piece of code which depends on the system locale setting, and there are UI elements which works on the Additonal settings. Changing the System locale won't affect your UI for Illustrator. Though we have found a case where the system locale is causing the Locale dependent API to cause problem with writing of floating numbers in preferences.

So I would recommend, To work correctly with Ai (Till the issue is resolved), change the decimal separator via Additional settings and keep the System locale to english.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

OK, I will do as you say, and thank you for your help with this. And thanks Alis for starting the thread, I was lost until I found your description of the problem.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I also ran into this bug and lost quite a bit of work because of it - resetting preferences apparently removes any actions you have recorded but not saved as a separate file.

In addition the workaround is not really practical in a lot of cases: we need to keep a non-english locale (in my case German) to have correct regional number formatting in other applications (PowerPoint, Excel).

This is pretty ridiculous to be honest - in CC2014 a similar bug was causing frequent project corruption in PremierePro.
It's not like the whole topic of decimal separators is new - this has been around for ages.

I kind of get it that the 12 month release cycle of new full versions puts a lot of pressure on the developers but I won't be the beta tester for your applications.

Kindly get this fixed as soon as possible - there are a lot of people who are affected by this.

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised Adobe hasn't fixed the issue yet. I could never get the workaround to solve the problem, so I finally gave up and went back to CC2014. I guess I'll stay with CC2014 for a while yet!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it's a mess.

The workaround does seem to work here but as I wrote it's not solution since it also affects other applications.

In addition I'm in an enterprise environment were I can't simply tell 100+ Illustrator users to change this setting on their own. So the whole thing creates a lot of trouble for us.

We deliberately waited over a month before upgrading our users and  having to tell them to downgrade again kind of sucks.

Especially since the CC Desktop app only installs the .0 version of CC 2014 so they have to think about updating that one as well.
Plus we were really thrilled about the recovery feature - it's sorely needed...

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick be careful about the downgrade to illustrator cc 2014, im having bug with it, every file i created with Ai 2015 dont save and make illustrator crash, after i made the downgrade.

I hope it never happen with you, cause its driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines