Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2022 not opening new or downloaded files

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-07-28 104629.png

Hi, Jerome here. I've recently downloaded the latest version of Adobe Illustrator but had this issue. Where If I try to open a file it won't open and if I try to create a new file, none of the file presets are there for me to use. I also tried using the "new file" interface to fix that, but all that does is not let me open a new file, when I click it. I even tried to go through the tutorials to access, but it says It has trouble loading content.

Could you please assist on what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would try is resetting Illustrtor preferences.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/106...

If that doesn’t fix it try deleting then reinstalling Illustrator. Also, are yoiu able to open Illustrator files in Explorer or by dragging to the program icon? I'm not a Windows user so I don”t know much about troubleshooting your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I tried all of those and still no result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a printer connected and turned on? Printer driver up to date?

Do you use font management and is it correctly updated? People have reported that their font management didn't correctly update. You might want to check that. Especially the plugin that connects to Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, and no luck sadly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us exactly what you did and what you have as it will also help to know if you don't have font management or no printer present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jerome25374705omqg,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try running Illustrator under a different administrator account and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines