Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Effect Question: Resolving Visibility

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

When I try to load an Illustrator project it results in a progress bar that says "resolving visibility" etc.  It takes a long time to load a simple project and once I start creating and editing things the progress bar gets stuck "rendering" or "resolving visibility" for multiple minutes when doing something as simple as using an effect on a letter or object.  Resize an object?  Same thing.   My computer runs fine otherwise, it's a MBP (2016) 16G/i7 with lots of disk space available, runs other CPU intense programs like a champ and has run Illustrator just fine in the past. Is there anything I can do besides reset preferences?  Already did this btw. I posted a similar question a couple months ago but never received a clear explanation. Thanks you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

If you've already tried trashing your preferences then it sounds like there may be either a bad install of Illustrator or a system issue that would be better handled by Adobe customer support Contact Customer Care . They will be able to run a diagnostic on your system that would not be possible on the user to user forum.

If you want to try uninstalling and reinstalling before contacting support then try doing it in the following manner:

In the app section of your Creative Cloud desktop app click o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi when you apply some effects then it takes time to get it done tell me what you are getting to achieve so i can see why you are facing issue.

thanks

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've already tried trashing your preferences then it sounds like there may be either a bad install of Illustrator or a system issue that would be better handled by Adobe customer support Contact Customer Care . They will be able to run a diagnostic on your system that would not be possible on the user to user forum.

If you want to try uninstalling and reinstalling before contacting support then try doing it in the following manner:

In the app section of your Creative Cloud desktop app click on the “V” next to the app’s (Illustrator) name and choose the “Uninstall” option from the pull-down menu that appears. After you’ve run the uninstall then use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  . Then reinstall the program through the Desktop app. Before you reinstall, once again trash all preference files to make sure that your install is completely clean. Then launch Illustrator and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

I would like to know if the steps suggested by Bill worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines