• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator's Outer Glow on large border not generating correctly; Strange horizontal lines of incorrect rendering

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently attempting to make a map and would like to apply the outer glow effect to the continent to give a slightly lighter blue coastline.

I select the (closed) outline of the island and choose the Outer Glow effect (with a Mode such as Normal, Screen or Overlay), choose 95% opaque, and a blur of 50 px.

The below is a screenshot of part of the outcome.
Capture2.PNG

As you can see there is a horizontal line in which the outer glow is not being applied correctly. I would like to know how to fix this.

I notice that this horizontal line applies with a consistent vertical spacing and happens on both sides of the continent in a horizontal line. My map is very large in terms of pixels, and I wonder if this is what causes the problem. If it is important, this operation takes around 15 seconds to render.

Thanks, Alex

Edit: Changing the blur pixels amount changes the position of the horizontal lines. Changing the opacity and/or mode does not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it look with

View > Prievew on CPU ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. Sadly it still appears so here also.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines