• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator was running perfectly on my computer yesterday, but today it suddenly stopped work

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator was running perfectly on my computer yesterday, but today it suddenly stopped working. It hangs on startup, and despite trying everything possible to fix it — including updates, a hard reset of my PC, uninstalling and reinstalling the program, and even trying different versions — it still won't open. I have also noticed that it's pinned to the taskbar but doesn't respond when clicked.Screenshot 2024-07-02 104124.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the Adobed Cloud Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

The Cleaner tool is similar to uninstall/reinstall, but not quite the same It has a special BAT file that can usually fix problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Illustrator related queries on the Illustrator Forum, this one is dedicated to Photoshop. 

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 09.34.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Illustrator forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have updated to version 2024 now?

Which system is it?

Which hardware specifications?

Can you try and boot into Safe Mode and then run it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the 2022 version for the past nine months without any issues. However, starting yesterday, I've encountered a problem. I've tried running it in safe mode, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your other thread you wrote that you have 8 GB of RAM. That is not sufficient.

What happened yesterday? Did you install an additional font? Or a plugin? Updated the system? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes yesterday 

i have installed some fonts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 GB is not a lot of RAM.

So probably the fonts you installed, threw you off the rails. With 8GB you have to close anything else in order to even launch Illustrator. Most probably when you uninstall those fonts, it might work again.

If you want to work safely, get more RAM. At least 16 GB, more is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines