• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.ai file not opening properly

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen any other posts related to this issue, really getting frustrated. I was working on an .ai file for a few weeks now. Was working on it last night, no issue. Saved the file and closed illustrator. Today I open the file and the text is showing up 'corrupted'. It's hard to describe exactly what that means, sometimes the text will not show up at all (though i can hover my cursor over the text box which will highlight as if the text is there), and sometimes after zooming in and out or closing the file and opening it again only the letter 'b' and a few punctuation will show up. Trying to edit any text does nothing, trying to add new text/elements will not show up. 

Last night after saving i did send out a saved version which has been confirmed to open and look fine on a friend's computer. This friend sent me back that file for me to re-download and open. Same issue on my end. I've uninstalled and re-installed Illustrator, no fix. I've sent the file to my laptop and it opens and functions just fine so the file itself is not corrupt as it has now been confirmed to work on two computers that aren't my desktop. I've tried Save As > .eps and i get an error about not having enough memory (Shouldnt be an issue, over 50GB of free space on the associated drive, and 16GB of RAM if that might be an ussue)

Is my desktop the issue? Is there perhaps a setting or something that's causing this to happen? Please help, this is a very important file.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like its not the file if it works for your friend. Could be some graphics driver issue i'd guess, can you try changing to CPU vs Gpu (use the little Rockit symbol at the top of the screen - is that still a thing?😬) does that make any difference?

can you set up a new user account in your OS and see if the problem still persists? as that could eliminate a certain number of system preference type issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalling/installing Illustrator does not always remove (corrupted) preferences.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/How-to-reset-Illustrator-Preferences/td-p/10602277

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines