• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there any downsides if I convert the text on my website to paths?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason i want to convert the text on my website to paths is so i can align it perfectly in illustrator. If i don't do that the text cannot be aligned perfectly. I would like still people to be able to copy text from my website if they want to. Would they be able to do that? Are there any other downsides if i do this? How do YOU perfectly align your text? Or do you keep it as text without converting it to paths and align it just roughly and not perfectly? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

If you convert the text to outlines it is not the text more but the set of shapes, so the users can't copy and use it.

But webmasters don't add the AI files to the sites, they add texts and images, and do the final aligning in the site constructors or HTML editing soft. If you want to have the perfectly aligned and available for use text on your site, you have to create the background (without text) as an image and add the text in the site construction using its tools. Some of them allow precise

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us an example of your text so we can see how best to advise you?

I wouldn't outline your text if you still want it to be searchable/readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point. It should be also searchable. I guess i will have to align it by eye as good as i can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you convert the text to outlines it is not the text more but the set of shapes, so the users can't copy and use it.

But webmasters don't add the AI files to the sites, they add texts and images, and do the final aligning in the site constructors or HTML editing soft. If you want to have the perfectly aligned and available for use text on your site, you have to create the background (without text) as an image and add the text in the site construction using its tools. Some of them allow precise aligning, some don't. It depends on your editing system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't your text "perfectly aligning" - what exactly are you trying to do? I'm not sure why you are using text in Illy to design a website, html/css etc can do amazing text mainupulation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good web designers design the website first using adobe illustrator and adobe xd and then they code it with a software like dreamweaver with html and css. When you align a text it aligns the text box and not the text so the text has to be aligned by eye or you have to convert it into a path and then it aligns that path perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess I'm not understanding, if you are recoding later why is such precision required on the "draft"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines