• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

arrow key issues

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone else, besides me, having issues with the arrow keys not working to move objects in increments?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

That is very small, change it to something you  can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

UPDATE - wait! Maybe this will work for you in Photoshop, too - Go to Preferences > General > Keyboard Increment. Change the value to something else, like 0.5. That solved my problem in Illustrator... // Original post: I'm having the same problem with Illustrator 2020 (2019 works, but... I'm paying for CC and want to use the latest version)... No idea how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give some details.

AI version

System

Preferences > Keyboard Increments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator - 24.0.1

Win10

Details: When I go to select an object, I have to grab it with the mouse and move it that way and am not able to move it up, down, left or right in increments using the arrow keys on my keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your setting in File > Preferences > Keyboard Increments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show me Keyboard Increments under preferencesShow me Keyboard Increments under preferences

show my Keyboard Increments under preferences, and fyi, it was Edit > Preferences, not file. Unless your talking about Keyboard Shortcuts, ALSO UNDER Edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very small, change it to something you  can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone else with more intelligence that can please help me with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Did you change the setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then stop asking for advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the rude response, as it gave me an opportunity to report you. Have a good day. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows an increment value of 2/1,000,000 (two millionths) of an inch, which is so small that at a zoom level of 100% the movement is undetectable to the human eye, effectively zero for most Illustrator uses. Even at a zoom of 64,000% it is very difficult to see. Ton's advice is absolutely correct. And, in my estimation, intelligent. I'm sorry you did not see fit to follow it.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE - wait! Maybe this will work for you in Photoshop, too - Go to Preferences > General > Keyboard Increment. Change the value to something else, like 0.5. That solved my problem in Illustrator... // Original post: I'm having the same problem with Illustrator 2020 (2019 works, but... I'm paying for CC and want to use the latest version)... No idea how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU GUYS. THAT WAS MY PROBLEM. THE INCREASEMENT!

BTW,DOES THIS CHANGE ON ITS OWN OR DID I CHANGE IT ACCIDENTLY BY MYSELF??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines