Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aspect Ratio Discrepancy in Adobe Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Illustrator Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I've encountered a puzzling issue in Adobe Illustrator and thought I'd reach out to this knowledgeable community for insights. When I set the aspect ratio for a project within Illustrator, I've noticed that the actual aspect ratio appears different when the file is saved.

I've been meticulous in adjusting the aspect ratio to align with my design specifications within the Illustrator workspace, but there seems to be a discrepancy upon saving the file. I'm curious to understand if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and if there are any recommended solutions or best practices to ensure the intended aspect ratio is maintained during the saving process.

Your collective expertise is highly valued, and any guidance or tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone found effective workarounds or specific settings to address this aspect ratio inconsistency in Adobe Illustrator?

Thank you all in advance for your time and insights. Looking forward to learning from the community's experiences!

Best regards,

harryam

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to provide at least one sample Illustrator file with clear instructions about the issue you are talking about.

As per your initial description it is not obvious what you actually mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1042x1042px is 1:1 ratio as is 500x500px so aspect ratio remains the same. Check your output format and how. You are choosing to export the image. Also if the image looks distorted on the website but ok on your computer maybe the upload is resizing the image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to keep certain pixel dimensions, export at 72 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines