• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bizare white outline or stroke happening. Glitch?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some bizarre behavior happening on my object. The outline stroke is showing white the color over another object. I have make sure that compound path and clipping mask are turned off.

Any ideas how to make it so that the line is the same color throughout, like ormal behavior.

I don't want to redraw the object. I have tried cleanup on path to no avail. I tried saving it down to a earlier version CC and it didn't work.

White outline on background objectWhite outline on background object

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the white shapes and look at the appearance panel. Is there a transparency effect on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out.

I took just the object into its own Adobe Illustrator document, then saved it down to Illustrator 8 and re-opened it up. It works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This "Saving to another format" witchcraft has the potential to ruin editability of your files.

Most probably what happened is that it killed some transparency attributes, which you could have perfectly fixed by taking a look into the appearance panel as meganchi has advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines