• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank what's new/ tooltip window on Illustrator UI

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get rid of the blue box that appears under the Lightbulb icon and it's blocking me from doing my work on the Illustrator. Please let me know if you know how I could get rid of the box!

Moderator Note: Merged several threads, as they're all the same problem. Please note @jac96229111 , @Federico5CA0 , @defaultmd6ewtejy5jy  - you will find your threads here!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

I tried everything on page one of this thread and nothing worked until I did this:

• Close Illustrator and other Adobe apps.
  • Go to '/Users/<username>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Experimentation' and clean this folder.

A clean install did not work. Resetting preferences didn't work. Clicking the light bulb did nothing but open another empty window with a blue background. Obviously a glitch in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release v25.4.1. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get this fixed. For more details, please refer to this UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43680072-blue-learn-box-won-t-go-away )

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance, we'd be hapy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the message box that points out the Learn tutorials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely...however when I fired illustrator up today to try turning off tool tips, the box was gone 🙂

Thanks for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off "Show Tool Tips" in your Illustrator Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion...however, when I fired the software up to try it, the box was gone 🙂 go figure...

Thanks Again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with the blue tool tip highlight box that appears with new versions to highlight new features, tips, etc. It has appeared unpopulated with text and I cant seem to bypass it/skip it. It has no icnos/marks on it. Restarting illustrator or my mac doesn't change anything. The issue persists. 

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue or any ideas? 

Any help much appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aleksjames,

have you tried to reset your Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem right now! Please let me know if you've found a way to solve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Default. 

yeah Gians response was the fix. 
Thanks for that Gian. Much appreciated.  Overlooked trying that. Always a little annoying resetting prefs but not as annoying as a big blue bar. 

hope it works for you default. 
just in case. 
click illustrator > preferences > general > reset preferences 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aleksjames,

I’m glad that your problem has been solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue for the last few days after I recently updated to 25.3.1 on Catalina 10.15.7  I have tried resetting my preferences, taking off tool tips, and restarting my computer. But it continues to pop up and block the entire right hand corner so I am unable to work to the full extent. Any help would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maddies,

have you tried a new installation of Adobe Illustrator? Use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything on page one of this thread and nothing worked until I did this:

• Close Illustrator and other Adobe apps.
  • Go to '/Users/<username>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Experimentation' and clean this folder.

A clean install did not work. Resetting preferences didn't work. Clicking the light bulb did nothing but open another empty window with a blue background. Obviously a glitch in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Sorry about the inconvenience this issue has caused. We are currently investigating this issue. Till the time it is fixed, please try the workaround shared by @Lea5DAF 
Go to '/Users/username>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Experimentation' and remove everything from this folder.

I would also request you to upvote this issue here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43680072-blue-l... ) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 16.19.50.png

I have this problem, with tooltips off. This is on constantly and blank
What to do ADOBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this blank blue balloon issue too.

Click on the lightbulb, choose a tutorial, click through it (I chose draw a bushy plant), this forces new blue balloons on different parts of the screen (which were all blank for me), then done.  Seems gone for now.

Catalina 10.15.7 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove the blue talk bubble in the upper right corner? Doesn't help to restart the program.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am getting an odd black box popping up under the tutotials 'lightbulb' icon.

It goes away when I click outside illustrator, but always comes back. I have done all the obvious (to me) things to get rid of it but it is still there...

Any suggestions? it is very annoying.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 12.50.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterbubblecar,

what solutions have you tried? Have you deactivated tooltips? Have you reset your Illustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset illustrator preferences and restarted and it has now gone. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterbubblecar,

I’m glad that your problem has been solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please can someone advise how to turn off this blank blue box?  I've pressed the lightbulb but it brings up the learning information and doesn't turn the blue box. I've only installed Illustrator on my iMac within the last half an hour. Also have closed and opened the software again.

Thanks,
Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try fully quiting Illustrator and reopening it. Also uncheck Show Tool Tips in your Illustrator Prefrences.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.43.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a tool tip as such. There is more discussion and possible solutions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blank-what-s-new-tooltip-window-on-illustrator-ui/m-p/121...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just be forced out of Illustrator and it's logged me out of creative cloud. Lost work that will cost me money as I will miss a deadline.

Creative cloud then wouldn't let me log back in saying there is maintenance on my account. 

Now I'm finally back in and this stupid blue block is now blocking me from redoing all the work lost.

WELL DONE ADOBE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines