• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue color displaying incorrectly in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I noticed that I was having hard time finding a basic blue using RGB colors in Illustrator, everything I got was too purplish.

I went and googled a blue color #0000FF, in my web browser the color I see is what I'm expecting, but the same hex code typed in Illustrator is way too purple. When I export a png (Save for web), Windows image viewer shows me the expected color but when dragged into illustrator it's purple again. If I use photoshop or indesign to color pick that purple color, I get #3c00fd

I have somewhat grasped the concept that Adobe's pieces of software are color managed, whereas windows preview and browsers are not, but is this the way colors are supposed to be? Below is a screen capture of #0000FF in Illustrator and exported PGN side by side. I guess the colors are yet again different here than what I see on my screen... I'm so confused 😛

illustrator-blue.PNG

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works as it should - as soon as there even is a specific monitor color profile assigned, Adobe apps, or for that matter any Cm-aware app, will use it. That's why you have to delve into the matter and educate yourself how to use proof previews and different color space/ device profiles to compenmsate for that, how to actualyl configure your monitor and so on. No easy answers, just a lot of reading. Start by checking your system's monitor settings, your graphics driver and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your Document Color Profile?

You can check it at the bottom of your window.

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines