• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Boxes that turn themselves on

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that is driving me totally crazy - I'm apparently the only person that prefers to work with my Bounding Boxes hidden, but they somehow keep turning themselves back on, totally randomly as I'm working. Any suggestions for how to keep them hidden??

Using:

Windows 10, Illustrator CC 2017 release, 64 bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

It is a problem with CC2017 that the bounding box is turned on when you change fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

view -> Hide bounding Box  ( ctrl + shift + B )

you may Press "E " accidentally which activate Free transform Tool

another way is to Hide Edges " ctrl + H "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I know how to turn them on and off, but they are turning themselves on at no request from me. I at first thought I was accidentally hitting the key commands, or something, but there's no way I'm accidentally hitting ctrl+shift+b every few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a problem with CC2017 that the bounding box is turned on when you change fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - thank you. So I'm not crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard about that selecting random objects behaviour, bu never experienced it myself.

This is different and clearly a bug introduced in CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a weird bounding box behavior many times on each version of illustrator specifically  when i was working on a complex project, the bounding box starts to show up and select random objects .. the only way that worked for me is to restart my Laptop and relaunch illustrator back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jenn,

I wonder whether it is this bug concerning Type (live text),

Type bounding box defaults to on

Otherwise, unless you mishit as mentioned by Mohammad, I believe it may be some recurring corruption/disturbance.

Is it also happening when all other applications are closed/disabled (including browser and antivirus)? If not, you may be able to turn them back on and reveal the one that disturbs Illy and confuses her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob, yes that does appear to be the same bug - I hadn't noticed until Ton's response, but it does only happen when I change the font of an existing type object (though not when I create a new text object)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my small part you are welcome, Jenn.

I was obviously away (way) too long between seeing the question and posting so I never saw any of the posts but the first one (as you may have guessed already).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines