Exit

brush problem fill in

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey dudes!

my problem is :

i wanna draw a character with outlines like thisBildschirmfoto 2016-11-05 um 11.25.26.png

but first i can't draw that lines with a brush. correct?

when i draw with pencil  the line before gets deleted by the following a draw! how is this to change??

but the big problem is, when i have this line and make an interaktive object in order to have a fill in  it changes to this look:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-05 um 11.27.02.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So these lines have width profiles applied?

Of course you can draw them with the pencil tool. double click it to change its behaviour concerning existing paths.

As for the live paint: either expand the stroke before live paint or make a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow! thanx for quick response!

the tip with the double-click for pen is great. one problem less no deleted strokes anymore

yeah to do a copy could be an option but it seems that there should be an other way..

no width profile applied, just normal line . should i ?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-05 um 12.44.53.pnghere is like to chose the second but its just always flips back to the normal line. do ya have an idea for that?

oh, im so thankful for you taking time for answering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A live paint group cannot contain width profiles applied to the strokes.

What you can do: Have no strokes in the live paint group itself. Then when you're done filling the artwork with color, open the appearance panel, target the live paint group (it should be targeted when you select the complete live paint group with the select tool).

Then create a new stroke in the appearance panel. That stroke can have a width profile applied.

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 09.47.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines