• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug's zoom tool

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys (Illustrator's developers), what the hell you've done with the zoom tool?

Everytime when I need to use the zoom, it repositions to the middle of the screen and not where the mouse arrow is positioned.

I have to be repositioning all the time when I use the zoom, that is like....always!

I'm taking a lot more time to finish a job.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Eng

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a feature named: Zoom to selection.

If you don't like it (and you are not the only one) use this form:

Illustrator Feature Request/Bug Report Form

In the meantime use other shortcuts to zoom to where you want:

Press Spacebar Cmd (Spacebar Ctrl for Win) (in that order) to zoom in.

Press Spacebar Cmd Option (Spacebar Ctrl Alt for Win) (in that order) to zoom out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this bug using Alt + Mouse scroll button.

But I was used to press Ctrl + and seems like the bug is happening only for this shortcut.

Anyway, it is a mistake that has to be fixed and I will report on the link you gave me. I didn't know about this bug report tool.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a feature, not a bug. But you are not the only one who does not like it, so it's good to report it.

From the new feature page:

Zoom to selection

New in Illustrator CC (November 2016)

Now, when you zoom in or out while working on artwork, using the Zoom tool or its keyboard shortcuts, Illustrator brings the selected art in the center of the view. If the selection has anchor points or segments, Illustrator also brings those anchor points to the center of the view when you zoom in or out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, I got it. So, I think this new feature is an unnecessary change. By the way, I've just reported.

These guys are always doing bullshits. Just like some changes in After Effects.

In some cases, I have to use the older version of it (CC 2012).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature and under some conditions it's even usable.... if we'd have a separate from the genue zoom shortcut for it. Otherwise it's a bad UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Cmd + and Cmd - have for a very very long time been the shortcut to zoom in/out to the center of your screen.

It should not be too difficult to add another modifier key to zoom in/out to selection like Cmd Alt + and Cmd Alt -

And if the shortcuts can be modified, everybody will be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Adobe. Make It an Experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines