• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T OPEN OLD ILLUSTRATOR FILE IN ILLUSTRATOR CC 2018

Explorer ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, one of my clients has provided me with an Illustrator file of their branding specs (all other files they have are either TIFF, JPG, PNG, EPS).  However, I can't open it in Illustrator CC 2018, in fact, my PC freezes.  I've tried changing the file to EPS and PDF but still nothing.  Then I tried to open it in Illustrator CS4 and lo and behold, it opens ... except that some of the elements are missing!

Is there a way to open the file in Illustrator CC 2018?  I've tried everything (or so I think), including contacting the original designer (took 3 months) but she had nothing new to provide and now we are going to see if the printers have a file we can use.

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would need the AI file to check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to upload the file to you, but I get an error message the file is not supported   now I'm beginning to wonder they actually did use Illustrator in the first place, i.e. did they use CorelDraw and then saved the file as Illustrator.  Bizarre ... thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload to a service such as Dropbox and post a link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika, try this link: Dropbox - NED Brands Specs_02.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever created that file doesn't really know what they were doing.

This is an EPS file created by Croel Draw. Maybe there have ever been some vector graphics in it, but they have been lost in the process.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-17 um 10.05.41.png

You could try if the EPS they provide you contains a vector graphic (which is not necessarily the case).

In case you have Corel Draw, maybe ask them for the CDR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I knew it!  Thanks so much Monika, that's exactly what I thought too.

Greatly appreciated it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines