• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you Expand Patterns via scripting without an alert? Legacy file support?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add to a log script I've written to take the contents of Patterns into consideration. The log looks for extras in files like pattern swatches, raster images, brushes, symbols and live text, but of course can't find anything inside of patterns. It looks like the only menu command that will actually expand patterns is "Expand3" but that launches an alert. Is there another option other than saving down to a previous version of illustrator and embedding? I did some brief testing, and depending on how far back I go, it still launches a dialog for legacy text.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Record an Action to Expand..., Toggle Dialog off on the Actions Panel, have your script play the Action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @wckdtall 

As suggested by @CarlosCanto , you can record and save the action and using the following code, you can load the action file and exceute it.

var actionFile = File(PATH_TO_ACTION_FILE);
app.loadAction(actionFile);
app.doScript('Action_Name', 'Set_Name');
app.unloadAction('Set_Name', '');
Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines