Exit

CEPHtmlEngine quit unexpectedly

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am getting this error when trying to use new Illustrator

Process:         CEPHtmlEngine [6717]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2014/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/CEP/CEPHtmlEngine/CEPHtmlEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/CEPHtmlEngine

Identifier:      com.adobe.cep.CEPHtmlEngine

Version:         5.1.0.14 (1)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  Adobe Illustrator [6701]

Responsible:     Adobe Illustrator [6701]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-07-28 14:08:53.268 -0700

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Report Version:  11

Anonymous UUID:  41B5748F-A1D5-0D1C-DEDA-1D39843B0624

Crashed Thread:  0  CrBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

I know this solution has been helping people where the CEPHtmlEngine process is heavily taxing the CPU.

CEPHtmlEngine slows Computer (Mac) and solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to 2014, I'm seeing this a lot - each time I use it. Doesn't seem to actually affect anything I can see, but it's certainly disconcerting and annoying. I saw another post on this on an InDesign forum, so it must have something to do with the "vector-ness" of these apps - but I've yet to see an answer. Hope someone comes up with one soon.

Same OS and Version number as yours...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hold down the Command-Option-Shift-Ctrl keys (on Windows, hold down Control-Alt-Shift) while you start the program up again. You may need to choose “Open” from the program’s contextual menu to get the program to boot up because you’re holding down modifier keys, but you’ll figure it out.

While the program starts up, keep the keys held down until the splash screen appears along with an alert offering to “Delete InDesign Preferences File?”.  Release the keys and click Yes. InDesign will complete the boot-up process with fresh, clean Preferences to replace the sick one it just deleted. Test the program … chances are, the problem you were suffering is now history. That’s all, nice and simple!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

That was the first thing I did when the error occurred for me - both Illustrator and InDesign (I consider that the first rule of Adobe Troubleshooting). Didn't change a thing. Error still occurs. Thanks though - I'm open to any other ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has to do with the webconnection Adobe wants to make with the cloud.  LittleSnitch warns me if I want to allow that at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh... thank you! I don't run Little Snitch, so that's valuable info. Wish I could figure out how to stop it. I teach online, and that danged thing pops up during class all the time - embarrassing! Anybody know how to stop that thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.... BUMP!

It's January 2016, and this is still happening. Used to happen only with Illustrator for me, but now it's with Photoshop and InDesign... and I'm not even sure what else. I'd had many problems with my apps, due to Adobe's AdobeAAMDetect and AdobeExManDetect (in SAFARI security) being set to ask when using (I had to set it to allow always), but even since I fixed that, this CEPHtmlEngine quitting is getting worse, not better. I've since installed Little Snitch, and see the issue happening - but I've found no responses on how to make it stop. Anybody figure this out???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second your frustration, S_Gans!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this solution has been helping people where the CEPHtmlEngine process is heavily taxing the CPU.

CEPHtmlEngine slows Computer (Mac) and solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! t's just that I need certain functions to be able to teach the software, and it seems questionable that the cloud links will still work. I was teaching them just yesterday, in an InDesign class. When I get a chance, I'll experiment with it myself - to see if some of the workarounds keep the function going. so I really appreciate the info.

I just REALLY think Adobe should get off the a$$es and fix this!

I appreciate your finding this solution and forwarding it to this thread though - at this point... it's worth the work.

BTW, y'all - it happens to me on almost ALL the apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why doesn't Adobe come up with a downloadable script fix instead of letting people hack their software? The fact that anyone would have to go through this much work to get their expensive software to work is ludicrous!! What are we all paying for? I guess Adobe feels like they have a monopoly on the creative side so they can react when they want to. Come on Adobe, you've always been the Cadillac now act like it and treat your customers with respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines