Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the Type on a Path Option defaults

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Anyone know a way to change the Type on a Path Option default from Baseline to Center? Or anything else for that matter. I draw a lot of maps and put a lot of street names on paths, and then have to click through the Type>Type on a Path Options> then change Baseline to Center. It would be fantastic if I didn't have make multiple clicks to center each line of type on each path and could simply make that the default.

Cheers,

Matt Ryan

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the type. From the Type menu choose Type on a Path > Type on a path options. 

From the drop down list you can choose Center.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the fast response, but what I'm asking is how to make center the default selection. Currently, and in every instance I've investigated, baseline is the default. I'm asking how to change the default option.

I solved my problem by recording an action, so I can now accomplish what I desire with a single mouse click.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines