Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing X coordinates of two points simultaniosly

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I'm doing it...

1) selecting two points on the right side...

Untitled-1.jpg

2) changing X coordinate in the Transform panel and pressing Enter.
The result:

Untitled-2.jpg

So the object has moved into the right but the idea is mooving only sected poins i.e. I need only to chage coordinates of selected poins.
Is it ever possible to make it in Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy,

You can select both with the Direct Selection Tool (after having the object deselected, of course), then Object>Transform>Move by the desired amount, easier if you know that instead of having to calculate it as the difference between the desired and initial X values.

Or, almost simultaneously, if you prefer the X value insertion in the Transform palette, you may select first one and insert the X value, then select the other and Ctrl/Cmd+D to repeat the move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second part of your answer is obvious but the idea is making it simultaniously with one step 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Andy,

I am afraid the presence of W and H values is a sign of doom when it comes to using the Transform palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines