• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character panel error - fonts too large, can't activate new fonts on Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having. It's very similar to the below issue, however it wasn't always like this, to begin with it was ok - granted that was only a few days ago....

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/font-preview-is-too-large/m-p/10132420#M112725

I'm able to get this back by using the windows display settings to 100% size in apps and other items, but it messes with my desktop outside of the app (it's a good workaround but not the ideal sitation). Unfortunately the in-app font preview size option isn't there anymore as that may have solved the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Illustrator Issue.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Hey! I've been having the same issue, but I managed to get a solution.

This is what I've done:

Right click on the .exe file for the app, Go to Compatibility > Settings > Change high DPI Settings > Change Program DPI Settings and set High DPI Scaling override to 'System'. In my case, I clicked 'System (Enhanced)'.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! I have three monitors and one of them is a different resolution. I think this was causing the issue, but your solution worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines