• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask Screens Help

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a piece of art that has a clipping mask, they want me to figure out what screen the art is using but when i undo the clipping mask its solid not screen, how do i determine the screen value they used

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the Photoshop forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? It sounds like the clipping mask is the screen. And what do you mean by the screen value - dots per inch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen as in a percentage of the color, they used a 100 percent of a blue color but it appears like  its about 15%, I am just trying to find out what percentage is being used. The transparency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its an illustrator vector clipping mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve moved this post into the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are liberty to post a link to the file we can look at it and try to answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cant post work art, but all I know is when you look at it in illustrator it looks like 15% to 10% of a blue color but when you get rid of the clipping mask it is solid 100% blue, all I want is to determine what percentage they used in the final look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timothyh70102503  schrieb

Unfortunately I cant post work art, but all I know is when you look at it in illustrator it looks like 15% to 10% of a blue color but when you get rid of the clipping mask it is solid 100% blue, all I want is to determine what percentage they used in the final look?

That doesn't help.

If you need to keep your artwork secret, you might want to consider looking for an expert who you could have sign an NDA.

Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Finder | Adobe Training & Certification

If you don't want to pay for support, please create a demo in which you use different shapes and objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can post it, its just a logo nothing with info, how do I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the forum's web interface and in the message editing field click on the image adding button

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-25 um 15.21.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also just do a copy and paste, as long as you're not using a phone, must be from a laptop or desktop computer. Just do a screen capture and ctrl/cmd-V into you post on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I undo the clipping or opacity mask there is a solid blue darker blue box behind logo, there is a white full page box  over the logo, they used some dype of mask or transparency, its all grouped, when I ungroup it turns solid darker blue, but I cant find where I click to determine what percentage of transparency they used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to inspect this in the layers panel, appearance panel and transparency panel.

Likely they used some combination of those.

You could try if you can do Object > Flatten transparency and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines